Designated Employer Representative (DER) Training: DOT Qualified (Self-Guided)
The Designated Employer Representative (DER) Training is designed to provide DERs with knowledge of the drug and alcohol testing industry and the supervisory skills required to maintain compliance with both federally regulated U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol testing requirements as well as non-regulated policies.
Students will receive:
- An overview of testing procedures to understand the complete testing process.
- An understanding of each U.S. Department of Transportation mode’s rules and regulations pertaining to drug and alcohol testing to ensure compliance whether the business is regulated by the Federal Aviation Administration or the Federal Railroad Administration.
- A full definition of the role of the DER to ensure company and DOT policy compliance.
- Name your class. This is for record-keeping purposes only. Give your class a name that makes sense to you and helps you keep track of who is taking the class. Note: If you are purchasing the training for another student, you will have to manually transfer the course to that student once you have purchased it. View the Instructions Page for guidance.
- Are you taking this course? If so, check the Take up a seat box. If you are purchasing the training for someone else, do not check the box.